Monday, June 13, 2011

First Place

What a weekend! Behind the strength of a three-game sweep of St. Louis, the Brewers moved from second place in the NL Central, 2.5 games behind the Cardinals, to first place, .5 in front of the Cardinals. After a Friday night blow out, Milwaukee had to come back in Saturday and Sunday's contests to get the sweep. It doesn't get a whole lot better if you're a Brewers fan.

While I tried to savor the victories and the giddiness I felt inside, I felt it important not to overdo it. It was just a few weeks ago where I wondered whether Milwaukee would ever win on the road. It's a long season. A lot can happen.

Oh, what the hell. YES. YES. YES. YES. WINNING IS AWESOME. FIRST PLACE IS AWESOME. THROWING UP THE T. PRINCE HOME RUNS. YES. YES. YES. If I'm going to feel terrible when they lose, then I should get to feel happy when they win.

Brewers 4, Cardinals 3
Game played 6-12-11

No comments:

Post a Comment